Photo Mechanic is a powerful image browser that offers some significant benefits for workflow, including fast file browsing, dynamic directories, and image triage. If you are using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Photo Mechanic can be an excellent complement to Adobe’s image management tool.
Some of the reasons I use Photo Mechanic are:
- Viewing speed for RAW files, especially with high-resolution images on laptops
- Ability to create complex directories from image metadata during image import
- Direct image browsing from folders on my computer
- Powerful file renaming options
- Uses the same stars/labels as Lightroom
- Drag and drop images right into Lightroom and other programs
In this video presentation, I demonstrate how to use Photo Mechanic with Lightroom as part of a complete imaging workflow. Included with the video is a printable PDF version of the presentation package, including high-resolution screen shots used in the class.
- Fundamentals of imaging workflow
- Setting up Photo Mechanic for use with Lightroom
- Transferring your images to your computer with Photo Mechanic
- How to rename your image files during import
- How to add metadata to your images during import
- Image triage with Photo Mechanic
- Importing images to Lightroom
- This product is delivered as a digital download (ZIP archive); ~366MB
A broadband connection is recommended to download this product.
- Video: 720p High Definition QuickTime (.mov) movie requires QuickTime Player. Runtime: approximately 78 minutes
- Presentation Notes: Adobe PDF format, 8.26 x11″, compatible with US Letter and A4 paper sizes.
Buy Now (secure download)
Please note that you cannot download this product directly to an iPad. Download the file to your computer, unzip the contents, and then transfer the video and PDF files to your reader using iTunes or iBooks.
Bundle with Moving to Lightroom PDF Guide and save 25%!