I get lots of requests for what gear I recommend. Well, the fact is that there are lots of great options out there. If you are looking for a new camera or lens, here are some ready made “wish lists” for you to check out over at B&H Photo. These kits contain everything you need to get jump-started in photography, including cameras, lenses, tripods, filters, and accessories. Many of the items in each kit are optional, so check your needs (and your budget) accordingly.
Nikon DSLR Kits
- Airshow Kit (lots of options for action photographers)
- Beginner Kit (for entry-level photographers on a budget)
- DX Enthusiast Kit (Ideal for advanced amateurs)
- DX Pro Kit (D500-based kit with all the trimmings)
- FX Enthusiast Kit (Solid lens selections that won’t break your budget)
- FX Pro Kit (Top-level kit with pro glass)
- Basic Birding Kit (Nikon DSLRs and lenses for birders just starting out)
- Pro Birding / Wildlife Kit (FX-based kit with big glass for birds and wildlife)
- Travel Kit (Compact options for going light)
- DX Landscape Kit (Includes tripod, lenses and filters to go with your Nikon DX camera)
- FX Landscape Kit (Maximum megapixels for serious landscape shooters)
- DX Studio Kit (Includes portrait lenses, flashes, stands, and backdrops)
- FX Studio Kit (Lenses and studio gear optimized for Nikon FX shooters)
Looking to Upgrade Your Computer?
I recently purchased a 27″ Apple iMac and I love it. Read my iMac review here.
For those of you who are interested in the Fuji Mirrorless system, here’s a good collection of lenses and accessories.
Of course, what’s the point of buying gear if you don’t get out and use it? Check out my workshops and online classes!