Create Stunning Black and White Photos with Silver Efex Pro 2
A Video Workshop by Jason P. Odell
© 2015, Jason P. Odell Photography
We live in a world of color. However, there is a certain power and emotional quality to monochrome images, a feeling that can’t be attained by simply desaturating a color image. In this video workshop, join photographer Jason P. Odell as he takes you through the complete workflow for producing dramatic and dynamic monochrome images using the Silver Efex Pro 2 plug-in for Photoshop.
Runtime: Approximately 1 hour, 57 minutes. 1280 x720 HD resolution (QuickTime .mov format) Includes printable PDF presentation notes
You will learn
- How to adjust your color raw images in Lightroom/ACR to optimize quality for fine-art monochrome conversion
- The Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug-in interface and adjustment tools
- Global Tone and Contrast controls, including the unique adjustment sliders in Silver Efex Pro 2, like Structure and Dynamic Brightness
- How to use Control Points to quickly and effectively create powerful local adjustments that go beyond simple dodging and burning
- How to create grain and toning effect like sepia and selenium toning
- How to use Photoshop and Lightroom in concert for a streamlined and effective processing workflow
- How to add textures and grain to monochrome and color images
Download Mastering Monochrome
Special Note: This product contains multiple files and is delivered as a ZIP archive. To download the files to an iPad, you will need a free ZIP utility, such as iZip for iOS. Android users should consider using WinZip. Otherwise, download and extract the files to a Mac or PC and then transfer them to your tablet device.
Also Available: The Photographer’s Guide to Silver Efex Pro 2
The Photographer’s Guide to Silver Efex Pro 2 is the comprehensive guide to using Nik Software’s Silver Efex Pro 2 plug-in and includes a set of custom presets you can install and use.
Download The Photographer’s Guide to Silver Efex Pro 2 (PDF eBook)
- Download is delivered as a ZIP Archive; files must be extracted before copying to an iPad or Tablet
- Mac or PC with QuickTime Player or compatible viewing software
- Adobe Reader 7 or compatible PDF viewer to view and print the notes package