Of all the elements of digital image processing, sharpening seems to be the most confounding. Applying proper sharpening can be the difference between a professional image and one that looks like it came out of a pressure cooker. Get Sharp with Lightroom is my two hour workshop that teaches you everything you need about sharpening with Lightroom 4 and later. I’ll walk you through each tool in the Detail Panel, and show you how to use the sliders to deliver sharp images in the context of the three-stage sharpening workflow as originally described by Bruce Fraser and Jeff Schewe, to include capture, creative, and output sharpening steps. I also discuss the noise reduction tools in Lightroom and how to best apply them. You will also receive a printable PDF notes package that includes all the settings described in the video tutorial.
You will learn:
- Why we need to sharpen and how sharpening tools work
- How the sliders in the Detail Panel work
- Suggested sharpening settings for different image types
- Local sharpening techniques and creative sharpening
- How to use the brush to prevent sharpening artifacts
- How to create gaussian blur and smoothing effects in Lightroom
- Example images: Landscapes, Portraits, Wildlife, and High-ISO images
- Noise Reduction tools in Lightroom
- Output Sharpening in Lightroom
- This product is delivered as a digital download; ~638MB video and 8.2MB PDF file I recommend a broadband internet connection to download this product.
- Video: 720p High Definition QuickTime (.mov) movie requires QuickTime Player. Runtime: approximately 112 minutes
- Presentation Notes: Adobe PDF format; user printable
Order Get Sharp with Lightroom (secure download)
Get Sharp with Lightroom is available as a direct download from Luminescence of Nature Press.
$29.99 Now only $19.99
Other Lightroom Guides by Jason P. Odell
- Moving to Lightroom, a complete guide to image management and post-processing with Lightroom 5 (PDF eBook).
- Lightroom: Mastering Brushes & Gradients (video with PDF companion)
- Digital Infrared Processing with Lightroom & Photoshop (video & PDF companion)
- HDR Processing with Lightroom CC (video with PDF companion)