I’m winding up a successful photo safari in Florida. This year, we covered three main locations: Viera Wetlands, Merritt Island NWR, and the St. Augustine Alligator Farm. All of these places are hotspots for birds, depending on the time of year and how lucky you get. Right now is breeding season, so while Merritt Island isn’t quite as active, the Alligator Farm is literally alive with nesting activity. Continue reading Florida Birding Safari Report
Deliver impact in your digital images
This 99 minute HD video includes a 54-page printable PDF companion and will teach you how to retouch images in Lightroom using local adjustment tools. From simple fill lighting effects to complex exposure corrections, you will learn which tools to use and how to use them for maximum impact.
Lightroom tutorials from Jason P. Odell
- Moving to Lightroom: Image Processing & Workflow (a complete guide to working with digital photographs in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5; PDF eBook)
- Get Sharp with Lightroom: Video workshop & PDF companion for sharpening and noise reduction with Lightroom that include
- Photo Mechanic & Lightroom Workflow Guide: video workshop with printable PDF companion for streamlining front-end workflow in high-volume shooting situations.
- Digital Infrared Processing with Lightroom & Photoshop: Video workshop and PDF companion for using digital infrared cameras with Lightroom.
I first set foot in the South Dakota Badlands in 2005, when I went there on a Nikonians photo safari. My intent at the time was to capture dramatic landscape photographs. In 2011, I returned to this enlightening place as a full-time professional photographer
Part of growing as a photographer is seeing your subjects in new ways. In this presentation I show how focusing on specific elements like light, color and textures, and using creative techniques like infrared and HDR enable me to capture the beauty of this majestic landscape in new ways every year.
If you have ever wanted to step into an alien world and discover diverse photographic opportunities for landscapes and abstract photography, then join me and Deborah Sandidge in the South Dakota Badlands.
I’m pleased to announce the immediate release of my latest training video tutorial, Digital Infrared Processing with Lightroom and Photoshop.
This three-part, high-definition QuickTime video set teaches you the fundamental approaches to working with raw infrared image files in Lightroom/ACR and includes a printable PDF notes companion.
- Setting white balance in Lightroom/ACR
- Processing color and monochrome infrared images in Lightroom
- Removing hotspots in Lightroom and with Viveza 2
- Processing color and monochrome infrared images in Photoshop and plug-ins
- Blue-sky effect (channel-swapping)
- Color tinting
- Color Efex Pro 4 effects
- Texture blending
Digital Infrared Image Processing with Lightroom and Photoshop is available exclusively from Luminescence of Nature Press.
Join me online next weekend as I teach digital infrared processing using Lightroom & Photoshop. Digital infrared photography is more accessible than ever, and it is a great way of exploring the world in a different light. In this class, I’ll teach you how you can create a variety of different looks with your digital infrared files using Lightroom, Photoshop, and Nik Plug-ins.
When: Saturday, February 21st
12-2pm Mountain Time (2-4pm Eastern)
Where: Online (GoToMeeting) webinar
- Choosing an infrared conversion filter type
- Setting White Balance in Lightroom/ACR via a custom camera calibration
- RAW adjustments in Lightroom/ACR
- Fixing hotspots
- Black and White Conversion using Silver Efex Pro 2
- Red-Blue Channel Swap (blue sky) technique in Photoshop and via Plug-ins
- Working with super-color IR files to create a variety of styles
All participants will receive a printable PDF copy of the class materials.