I’ve been extremely busy this summer with field workshops and writing a new Lightroom guide, but I’m back to bring you all up to speed on what I’ve been doing. In today’s episode, I want to discuss frequently asked questions about moving to Lightroom from other programs.
Specifically, I address:
- Where does Lightroom store my images?
- Why do my images look different in Lightroom?
- Does Lightroom require sidecar files?
- Is Lightroom only for raw files?
- Where is the “save” button?
I also discuss the advantages of using a database (catalog)-based workflow program, like Lightroom, over traditional browser/editor workflows. Lightroom offers significant advantages for image viewing, browsing, editing, and printing.
Don’t forget to check out the fall series of Digital Underground instructional photo tours that I’ll be leading together with Deborah Sandidge. Join us this fall in Las Vegas, NV and San Antonio TX!